Create a portable company file
- Choose File > Create Copy.
- Select Portable company file and click Next.
- Click the Save in drop-down arrow and select Desktop.
- Click Save and OK twice.
Restore a portable company file
- Choose File > Open or Restore Company.
- Select Restore a portable file and click Next.
- Click the [company name].qbm file saved to the desktop and click Open.
Note: If you saved the .qbm file to another location, go to that location to restore.
- In the Where do you want to restore the file window, read the message.
Important: If you don't want to overwrite your existing company file, rename the file in the next window. For example, you may want to add a date or version number such as mycompanyname-jan2007.qbw or mycompanyname-v2.qbw.
- Click Next.
- Click the Save in drop-down arrow and select your save location.
- Change the file name as necessary.
- Click Save.